Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mixdown Episode #9 - Common

I almost didn't have an idea to work with this week for my weekly Mixdowns! I was kinda bummed out about it until Mica (@MissSoulist21XL) hit me up on AIM and was askin me questions for one of her school assignments. We ended up chatting a little bit and I asked her for her opinion on what kind of mix to make this week. She said something about having a crush on some dude and she was feeling that kinda stuff. Well I'm no longer in that "Crushing on Karen" phase, so I told her I wasn't really in the mood to do that kind of mix. Then she started rattling off names of songs that were on previous mixtapes, but one song title stuck out: "I Use To Love H.E.R." by Common. That was it! I've been wanting to show Karen that movie "Brown Sugar" where "I Use to Love H.E.R." was a key ingredient to how the movie plays out. And that's pretty much the story behind this mix. Nothing too spectacular, really. Hope you enjoy the mix though. LET'S GOOO!!!



Click to Stream It
Click to Download It

Track List
1) Come Close (Nicolay Remix)
2) Misunderstood
3) Break My Heart
4) Tell Me What We're Gonna Do (Joss Stone ft. Common)
5) Enough Beef (Feat. Royce da 5'9 & Chino XL)
6) Announcement (Feat. Pharrell
7) I Used to Love H.E.R.
8) The Light
9) E=MC2 (JayDee ft. Common)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home